The Production Supervisor is responsible for the overall performance of the team in the area assigned. This position is responsible for managing the positive flow of materials and supplies, ensuring machines are functional and that production employees adhere to safety and company standards. The Supervisor position organizes and directs the production staff though assistant supervisors and leads to achieve smooth workflow, identifying areas of improvement and training opportunities for their team. The Supervisor recommends and approves schedules, overtime, timecards, and additional labor needs. Manage and lead via the company’s core values and mission.
- Prepare information to be presented during morning meetings with team to check daily attendance, establish daily/weekly objectives, communicate company announcements, prepare and/or conduct daily toolbox talks and report information from the meeting to Production Mgr/Plant Manager.
- Manage the workflow by assigning work orders and duties to Asst. Supervisors and Leads, ensuring the manufacturing plan is being produced according to schedule and priority when interruptions occur in the process.
- Report any product issues, discrepancies in work orders, material shortages, quality issues and/or maintenance needs to Production Manager, Plant Manager, and Maintenance, as necessary.
- Communicate consistently with Production Manager and Plant Manager on team performance, both positive and negative. Prepare and present 90-day reviews, annual performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, and sets an example by working within the core values of the company.
- Guide and coach employees, monitoring their productivity, ensuring safety rules are followed and ppe requirements are met
- Complete reports for employee incidents/accidents.
- Approve timecards, report attendance bonus amounts weekly, and managing pto requests via Adp.
- Instruct and assist team members in maintaining neat and clean work area, including but not limited to, sweeping, emptying trash daily, putting away materials and tools.
- Guide training development, including but not limited to, set up, operation, quality checks, shutting down and safety mechanisms, lock out tag out and more. Schedules employees for cross training opportunities. Documents employer progression in Training Matrix.
- Participate in interviews for the addition of new team members.
- Must be able to investigate and problem solve manufacturing issues in a creative and proactive manner.
- Must be able to build employee relationships, motivate a team to produce to meet company goals.
- Actively listen to employee issues, manage conflict, and hold production team members accountable for responsibilities as an employee of the company.
- Communicate and manage multiple projects/people at once while retaining a professional and confidential demeanor.
- Must be flexible and able to work in an occasional unpredictable environment due to material shortages, equipment issues, etc.
- High School, Technical School, Associates/Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in a supervisor or team leading role
- Must be able to lift to 60lbs, stand and walk for extended periods of time, work in noisy and non-climate-controlled environment.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, squat, twist, move and stage parts to machining areas.